5 ESSENTIAL STEPS – CLUTTERFREE LIFE TRANSITIONS
Decluttering can be a very positive and productive experience,
an opportunity to learn about yourself and your very personal values,
a way to re-focus your attention and energy towards your goals.
In a life-transition situation, decluttering enables you to let go of anything – physical and emotional clutter – that relates to the past and no longer serves you.
It frees you up – without the ballast from the past you are free to move on with our life, with confidence.
To make this work, you need a systematic approach, –
The 5-step ‘Let go – Move on’ program:
Step 1 – Getting started
Assess the status quo and define your goals.
- Accept your current situation and its challenges, gain clarity about your feelings and needs, and your values.
- Develop a vision/goal for the next chapter of your life.
- Get a profound understanding of how your outer space significantly influences your inner self, how physical and emotional clutter related to the past can make you feel stuck.
- Learn about the next 4 steps of the program and how they build on each other.
- Get motivated to let go and to move on with confidence.
Step 2 – Mapping the space
Understand your home and possessions better – in detail and depth.
- Map out every room, define activity areas, and preferred and neglected spaces.
- Take an outsider’s view to get a clear picture of your home interior and personal possessions.
- Compile an inventory of your clutter ‘hot spots’.
- Discover the buried or forgotten treasures under the clutter.
- Start thinking (and dreaming) about your ideal home.
Step 3 – Planning for action
Develop a strategy and define the main steps of the sorting-out process.
- Determine which areas of your home should be sorted out and where to start.
- Define necessary resources, tools, and supplies, and get them organised.
- Schedule working sessions and recovery times in your calendar.
- Decide what to do with the items you no longer wish to keep.
Step 4 – Getting active
Get your home and belongings sorted.
- Discover what you have by taking everything out and sorting it into categories.
- Get rid of clutter by deciding what you want to keep, and tossing anything you no longer need.
- Create order by assigning a place for everything you keep
Step 5 – Moving on
Celebrate the change. Evaluate your progress and adjust.
- Keep your home and life clear and in order.
- Create new rules and routines and apply them.
- Be on guard – regularly check what works and what doesn’t.
- Enjoy your new confidence and the knowledge that you can change – yourself and your surroundings – whenever the need comes up.
As you now know that there is a proven method to manage your personal change-challenge successfully, in a systematic way, – are you ready to get started?
If you still feel a bit unsure and hesitant, it will help you to know that you don’t have to go through the process on your own.
I’m here to join you on your journey, and I am ready and prepared to support and guide you all the way through, from Step 1 to Step 5 of the progam.
I’ll bring along a ‘suitcase’ fully packed with life-change experience, a comprehensive set of helpful guidelines and support material, and a box full of proven decluttering and organising tools.
My selection of support packages allows you to find the level and extent of help and guidance that match the requirements of your personal situation and needs.