Feeling stuck at 50plus
It’s not difficult to get a bit stuck when we turn 50 or older. Maybe it’s even quite ‘normal’ to feel somehow frustrated at this time of our life?
‘Typical’ changes in life circumstances at this stage –
- becoming an empty nester,
- taking care of a parent,
- experiencing a lack of new career opportunities and personal development options,
- downsizing to a smaller home,
- the need to make or realise retirement plans,
- etc. –
can be quite disruptive and challenging.
Whatever our personal challenges are, many of us find it increasingly difficult to feel excited about our current and future life.
Deep down we know that there must be more out there for us but we feel unsure where to find the meaningfulness we yearn for in our life.
And realising that most probably more than half of our time on this planet has gone by doesn’t help to lighten the mood.
We know for sure that life is way too short for regrets and that we don’t want to waste time with feeling frustration or confusion.
So how can we get unstuck and excited about ourselves and our life again?
We need to make a courageous decision – the decision to start living on purpose again.
We decide to take our life back in our hands and to get clear on who we want to be and how we want to live our life, now and in future.
The great thing is that we have all we need to get started making changes now:
We own the most important change-management tool in the world – the human mind.
Our mind – the thoughts we are thinking – determines how our life looks like and how we feel about ourselves:
Our thoughts create our feelings – which fuel our actions – which create the results in our life.
We ‘just’ have to get aware of what we are currently thinking and then decide what we want to be thinking instead – on purpose.
As soon as we let go of limiting thoughts and feelings, we create space in our mind and we can move on with new and more powerful thoughts, feelings, and actions.
Living on purpose means thinking, feeling and acting on purpose.
It’s a skill that’s particularly useful at 50plus because it helps us shift our focus:
Instead of sticking to the past we turn around and start moving into an exciting future again.
The Living on Purpose at 50plus Program
The Living on Purpose Program helps you successfully manage the journey from feeling stuck to living with purpose, passion and joy.
The mind-decluttering steps you learn during the course of this clearly structured program are actually very similar to the steps we take when we declutter our physical belongings.
Imagine you decide to declutter your wardrobe.
- You first take everything out so that you get a clear idea of all the clothes you currently have.
- You then make some tough decisions about the stuff that doesn’t serve you (any longer). You get rid of everything you no longer need or want to have in your wardrobe.
- And then you have gained new space to reorganise everything so that your clothes are easily accessible and usable. Now you can enjoy your wardrobe and what’s in there again.
The Living on Purpose Program follows the same 3 steps:
The major goal of the Living on Purpose Program is to help you let go of limiting thoughts and feelings so that you can move on with you life, with purpose and passion.
The second goal is to help you enjoy the mind-decluttering process and achieve positive results as quickly and easily as possible.
We will achieve these goals with the help of a comprehensive ‘mind-decluttering tool box’ of various cognitive behavioural concepts and exercises.
The Benefits of the Living on Purpose Program
At the end of the program,
you will have a clutterfree mind and a clear idea of
- who you are,
- how you want to show up in your life and
- how you can get from where you are now to where you want to be.
You will be very good at living on purpose:
- You will have a profound understanding of your mind and how your thoughts create the results in your life.
- You will know yourself better; you will know better what you want to think, feel and do on purpose.
- You will have proven to yourself that you indeed have the power to take control of your mind – and your feelings – and that you can direct them to change your life to the better.
- You will have practised the mind-decluttering concepts – and you have become good at applying them intentionally to any situation or circumstance in your life.
The Structure of the Living on Purpose Program
We will have regular online coaching sessions (via Zoom) to discuss what’s going on in your life and how you can change things to the better.
We will take the 3 steps of the program together – you’ll learn how to
- gain awareness,
- make strong decisions,
- and take massive action.
Between our meetings, you will do some ‘homework’ – little exercises and experiments which will help you to grow your mind-decluttering skills, day by day.
I’ll also send catch-up emails from time to time, just little reminders to keep you going – it might be a helpful worksheet, or some powerful questions you could work on.
At the end of the program, I’ll provide a customised mind-decluttering ‘tool box’ for you, a booklet full of information, recommendations and tips – completely adapted to your unique situation.
It will help you continue practicing and applying your mind-decluttering skills in the future.
This is so important because decluttering and organising our mind is a life-long and ongoing process.
So, at the end of the coaching program, you’ll walk away with a profound set of mind-decluttering skills and a toolbox filled with helpful mind-decluttering tools.
And you will be very competent and confident in thinking, feeling and acting on purpose – You will be an expert in living on purpose.
How to get started
The free consultation call offers you the opportunity to learn more about my mind-decluttering coaching approach and the Living on Purpose Program.
The consultation call also allows us to start to get to know each other.
The success of the program depends not only on your commitment and engagement, it’s also based on mutual trust.
Thus, the two of us – you and me – want to make sure that we are a really good match.
At the end of our conversation you will exactly know what to expect, and whether you are ready and willing to start the mind-decluttering journey into a better life.