What can we do to ensure that we live and experience our life the way we want to live and experience it?
Deeply understanding what’s truly important to us and defining our values can give our mind structure, stability, and direction.
You can use this little exercise to become more aware of what you value:
Ask yourself questions like these:
- What’s really important to me in the different areas of my life?
- Am I currently neglecting important values?
- What do I want to achieve in my life, today and tomorrow, in the next 5 years, etc?
- Where do I want to focus my time and my energy right now?
Don’t rush through the questions.
To really benefit from the exercise, you need to be willing to invest some time. Consider the questions, one by one, and write down what comes to your mind.
Before you answer the first question, you could make a list of the different areas of your life.
Your list might include important relationships, your work, your finances, your home, your hobbies and interests, your personal development, your fitness and health, etc.
Then you can go through your list and write down what’s most important to you in each area.
At the end of the exercise, you can take your notes and decide how you could use your insights to now truly ‘value your values’. Ask – and answer:
- How can I pay more attention to what’s important to me in my daily life?
- Could I start a new personal or professional project, here and now, that’s closely linked to my values and my goals?
- What else can I do to truly value what’s important to me?
Knowing what’s important to us helps us value and fully live our life, the way we want to live it.
CAN I HELP YOU?
Are you tired of trying to declutter and (re)organise the various areas of your life (and your mind) completely on your own?
Do you want to make progress – easier and faster?
Do you want my support & advice?