What are the benefits of a clutterfree home?
Living in a clutter-free and organised home has significant positive effects on our daily life.
Think about your own situation. What do you wish to change? How would you like your life to be different?
Then have a look at this list of the benefits you can expect to gain as soon as you have got out all the clutter from your home, mind and life:
- Having less stuff means having more room for activities such as entertaining guests or working on projects, playing with the kids.
- Having less allows us to use storage areas more efficiently.
- Having less stuff lying around in our home lets us move around easily and safely.
- More physical space creates more openness and space for new things to come into our life.
- Having less means having less things to sort and arrange, to take out and put away.
- We save time because tidying and cleaning becomes faster and more efficient.
- Having less means less effort and time to keep everything organised.
- We save time by quickly finding what we need when we need it.
- We need less time to choose what we want to use/wear.
- We save money by not having to buy duplicates of things we own but can’t find.
- We know and we like what we own, which keeps impulsive or frustration shopping at bay.
- Having clear surfaces and working areas makes starting to work on a task at any time easy.
- We can easier focus on what we are doing when there is little to distract us.
- More order and clear spaces give more room for creativity and imagination.
- Our household work can be organised and done faster and more efficiently.
More peace of mind
- There is also less mental work to do: The less we have, the less we have to take care of or worry about.
- A spacious environment without clutter allows our mind to relax and calm down.
- We enjoy our home more when we are only surrounded by things we like and use.
- We feel more in control when we know that there is nothing that shouldn’t be there.
- We experience less anxiety and confusion if our surroundings no longer feel out of order.
What are your top 3 upsides of a clutterfree home? What’s the final goal of your decluttering / change project?
Being aware of the positive changes you wish to create can help you to stay motivated and excited during the decluttering process.